Veteran Town Hall Meeting at 7 p.m.
The goal of the meeting is to provide information and gather input about the direction of Melrose Veteran Services for the foreseeable future. The tentative agenda includes the following:
1) Welcome by City of Melrose Mayor Robert J. Dolan
2) Review of meeting format and mission of MVAB by Chairman Bob Driscoll
3) Upcoming projects of the MVAB by Bob Driscoll
4) Mission of the Veteran’s Service office by District Service Officer Ryan McLane
5) Overview of Veterans organizations in the city by VSO Ryan McLane
6) Update on Bad Paper Discharges by MVAB member Jim Keane
7) Update on High School diplomas by VSO Ryan McLane
8) Feedback from Veteran’s community on possible future projects
9) Question & Answer time on any local veteran issues
We also plan to provide information about some upcoming initiatives to include:
1.) The Melrose Veteran Memorial Restoration Fund and 10-year plan
2.) The Melrose Veterans Memory Project
3.) Operation Remember and our year-long focus on Korean War veterans
This is a great opportunity to provide us with the type of information that will make our services more responsive and more "Melrose."
There is no need to RSVP, all are welcome. We hope to see you there!